Wednesday 13 July 2011

Darcy's Voyage book review

Darcy's VoyageDarcy's Voyage by Kara Louise


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Darcy's Voyage (previously published as Pemberley's Promise) is a twist on Pride and Prejudice exploring what if Elizabeth and Darcy met before the traditional beginning of Austen's novel. What if they developed a relationship and had to keep it from everyone?


I love Pride and Prejudice and it's fun to read Austen fan fiction. This was a fun easy read (I finished in two days) that really explored the romance between Darcy and Elizabeth. She kept true to Austen's characters and added a few of her own. Although some of the obstacles were too easily overcome by the characters, it was still fun to read. Anybody who loves Elizabeth and Darcy will enjoy this book. I think I'll check out some of Kara Louise's other Austen fan fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment