Friday 24 June 2011

I Have A Waterfall In My Basement!

It has been storming and raining pretty hard here for a few days. We live in an old house, and lots of rain causes problems. We recently had some plumbing problems (you can read about it in this post) and now we have flooding problems.

It started a few days ago with a bit of water in the storage room in the basement. Nothing new. We have to run a de-humidifier down there 24/7.

Yesterday a big storm rolled in.
This is from my back door. It was around 3 or 4 in the afternoon and so dark outside. It normally doesn't get that dark until 10pm up here. Just a minute or so after I took this picture it started hailing. It was hailing hard and fast and the average hail was aound the size of a pea. After about 15 minutes of that, the rain came. I went downstairs to get something and heard the sound of running water. I found water streaming from the wall in the little furnace room. (I had a video, but for some reason can't upload it. I'll try again later.)

There is a waterfall in my basement!
Now today, there is a pool too.
The landlord is here trying to take care of it and hopefully he can fix the leak and drainage problems.


I guess the good thing about storms is, that when the let up, these show up:
It's hard to catch a rainbow nicely on camera, and this picture doesn't do the rainbow justice. This rainbow reached all the way across the sky and was so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment