Friday 17 June 2011

Toddler Bed

It's official. My 2 year old son "G" is not a baby anymore.

Last night my husband took down the crib and set up the toddler bed. My little baby is big enough to sleep in a real bed! I feel like it's the next stage - no more baby. Also he has been growing so fast. He's getting tall and growing out of clothes, his vocabulary is exploding, he's slowly weaning himself off naps (boo-hoo), and not wanting to sit in his booster seat at the table anymore - he wants a big chair like daddy. It's exciting and sad at the same time. Exciting to see him grow and learn and become a real little person. Sad that he doesn't need my help so much anymore and that that baby is gone.

Switching "G" to the toddler bed went all right. He was very excited at first and loved that he could climb on and off his bed without any help. When we put him to bed he laid down and stayed in his room for a good 15 minutes before venturing out. After trying to return him to his bed, he had a pretty good tantrum. After reading some books and cuddling, he went back to bed and stayed there all night. Almost all night - he fell off the bed once, but was fine and went back to sleep after my husband tucked him back in.

Overall, the switch went all right. I guess I'll have to wait and see how he does tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment