Friday 8 April 2011

Anyone Want To Babysit?... Anyone?

Why is so hard to find a babysitter? My husband and I have a meeting tomorrow and my husband's brother is coming in to town for the meeting with their two kids. My normal babysitter is out of town. My alternate just moved out of town. My second alternate is already babysitting. I asked a girl from church, but she can't either. I feel like the parents on the movie "Dennis the Menace." They go through their entire list of babysitters (all of which say no or hang up) until finally their neighbours, the Wilsons, say yes. And then havoc ensues.

I'm going through my list and still not finding anyone. The problem is, a lot of the people we know are going to this meeting, and the rest that we know are going out of town to a different meeting (which we will be going to as well later). It's stressful. Now I have one last chance, maybe two, but I'm just going to have to wait until school is over to talk to anyone.

To top it all off, I need to get the house ready for our guests tonight (including never-ending laundry, mopping the floor, dishes, getting the bed ready, etc), and my daughter "E" has a ballet performance tomorrow right after the first meeting. It's going to be a busy, busy day.

Well, wish me luck as I plow through this weekend and hopefully come out in one piece.

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you much luck on the baby-sitting front! No fun at all! Much luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh do I ever feel your pain! This is the story of my life! Good luck getting it all done, but don't stress too much about getting your house clean for company, you'll be the only one who is bothered by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there I am a new follower and love your blog
    I cant remember the last time that I went out because we have the hardest time finding babysitters.
    Stop by any time.
    http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisanThatBoutique

    ReplyDelete