Friday 1 April 2011

Mommy Exercising

For some reason, everytime I do yoga, or ab exercises, or any kind of exercise on the floor, my son "G" thinks this is the most appropriate time to climb on me. He jumps on my tummy when I'm trying to do crunches, or crawls between my legs when I'm trying to do triangle pose. "Trying" being the word. I wonder how effective my workouts are when I spend half of the time moving "G" away from me, or concentrating on not kicking him in the head instead of my form and posture and breathing.

I know the best time for me to have an effective work out is in the morning before my kids wake up. But really, working out at 5:30 or 6 am is so not appealing to me. I'm not much of a morning person and I love sleep so much. But then again, I'm trying to lose 15-20 lbs (it would be awesome to fit into my wedding dress again) and I know that if I want big changes to happen in my life, I need to start by making my own little changes... like waking up earlier. Ay, there's the rub: to get up earlier and have an effective workout, or to workout with kids crawling all over me and to sleep, perchance to dream. I feel like Hamlet. To be, or not to be... thin.

I just need some motivation. Maybe I'll buy a nice dress that will fit a 15 pound skinnier me. I'll rip the tag off, throw away the reciept and then I can't return it, so I have to lose those pounds so I can fit into the dress... and be healthier, feel better, look better, all that jazz. Looking sexy in a little black dress will be worth waking up early. Right?

2 comments:

  1. Is it possible to joing a gym with babysitting? I agree, I never had much luck trying to exercise when the little ones were up, we are just to apealing to them when we are captive! Lol. How about when he naps, or take a walk with him in the stroller, my guys use to love that! Just a few suggestions that I'm sure you proably already tried! Anyway, I hope the dress gives you the motivation you want. Hope you find a great dress! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's too much snow for a stroller right now, but I'll definitely look into a gym with babysitting. Thanks Kathy!

    ReplyDelete