Tuesday 19 April 2011

Mirror Reflections

I love the way my 22 month old son "G" reacts to himself in the mirror. He saw his reflection in the kitchen mirror this morning (which is normally to high for him to see in) as he was standing on the chair at the table. He was glancing around and then did a double-take as he saw himself. He grinned and then started posing, turning his head this way and that trying to see all the angles of his face.
"Who's that?" I asked him. "Baby 'G'," he replied laughing.

Sometimes when "G" is upset, I take him to the mirror so he can see himself. The wonder and the magic of seeing his own reflection usually calms him down.

After "G" has a bath, or after I brush his hair he likes to see what his hair looks like in the mirror, especially if I have done something silly with it. I'll brush his hair all messy or into a little mohawk and let "G" see himself. First he analyzes it by looking at all angles, then usually he shouts, "Yay!" and claps and laughs. I wish I could love my hair that much to clap when I look at myself in the mirror.

2 comments:

  1. Makes me think of my girls when they were that age. Enjoy every moment...they go by FAST! I'm visiting from SITS...have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we could all learn a few things from your son...it certainly couldnt hurt us to clap at ourselves in the mirror, instead of bashing ourselves! I saw you commented on my blog, so I thought I would come check you out. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete