Monday 18 April 2011

Coughing Kids

I had a nice relaxing weekend; my daughter danced in the Arts Festival, we played outside, hung out with friends, and my husband and I even got to go out on a date. It was very nice.

But this morning, my daughter woke with a racking cough, my son woke with a persistant cough, and my husband woke with a sore throat and body aches. I seem to have missed this round... hopefully. My daughter "E" was very upset that I kept her home from school saying very dramatically that if she doesn't go to school, she won't get to write in her journal... like this is the worst thing in the world, ever! She just informed me that she hasn't coughed in a very long time (a minute or so), so maybe she can go to school now. She has no other symptoms and I almost feel bad for keeping her home. I know she is going to be bored and irritable, but I would rather have a bored and irritable daughter than a classroom full of coughing sick kids. Hopefully this is just temporary and she will feel better by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment