Thursday 26 May 2011

Birthday Cake and Card

On Sunday we had a little birthday for my son "G" who turned two. We had a few friends and family come over and have cake and ice cream. "G" absolutely loved the attention and especially loved it when we sang, "Happy Birthday" to him. His face lit up with the biggest smile and he clapped and cheered when we were finished. He had a little trouble blowing out the candles, but his sister helped him with that.

For his cake, I made cupcakes and placed them in the shape of a 2 and turned it into a caterpillar. It was so easy and quick and "G" loved it.
Oops, there's already a cupcake gone from the cake in this picture. Just imagine it's still there. I used licorice for the legs and Skittles for the face and decorations on top of the cupcakes. "G" ate the candies off the cupcake, licked some of the icing, and left the cake. Then he wanted more candy. He had lots of fun. I loved using cupcakes because it made portion control so much easier and I found that it was not as messy as a traditional sheet cake.

It was also a friend's birthday this week and I made her a birthday card.
I used the "Sweet Treats" cartridge for the Cricut and used the card feature to make this cute birthday cake card. Shaped cards can be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment