Wednesday 25 May 2011

Geneology

Have you ever seen that show on NBC called, Who Do You Think You Are? It follows celebrities as they search for their family history. I find it fascinating. I've never really been interested much in family history and geneology, but after watching that program and sensing that feeling of wonder and amazement that people receive when they learn about their ancestors, I have become much more interested in finding out more about my family. I even went down to my local family history center and started searching. I can see why so many people are doing geneology now. I heard that geneology and family history is the number one thing searched for on the internet.

I found a great brand new website for people who need help in starting their geneolgy. It's called Find My Ancestors and has a great post titled What Is Geneology? It's a great article and ends with this:
So my answer to “What Is Genealogy?” is this: The quest born of a deep desire to know those who are related to you, how you are connected, and to understand how you came to be". When you succeed at this quest, the reward is better than gold. That sounds rather magical, and it is. How else can I describe the feelings I have that make what could be a mere hobby into an obsession?
This site is really helpful with lots of good tips (especially this page title Getting Started) and you can even hire someone to help you search for your ancestors. I for one can't wait to see what's in store for me up my family tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment