Monday 2 May 2011

My Muse

The shower is my muse. Let me explain.  Shower time is alone time, me time. I'm away from the kids, chores, the phone, and everything else in the house. It's all about me. I love the shower. And when I'm in there ideas and thoughts come to me. It's my brainstorming time. Characters and plots develop for my writing projects. Complications in my stories that I have been thinking about and mulling over, suddenly I know how to resolve them and they become clear. It's great. I get some of my best ideas in the shower.

Sometimes I wish I could stay in the shower for hours, but then little hands knock on the door or the hot water runs out, and suddenly my creativity is interrupted and the muse is gone. I need to get back to the real world where little people need me, chores need to be done, and I am Mommy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment