Thursday 19 May 2011

The Emperor's Challenge

My sister-in-law and I have decided to run a half marathon this summer. I have started running and training off and on, but I really need to step up my game if I am going to be able to do this. The race is called the Emperor's Challenge and is a 20km half marathon up a mountain. It looks really challenging, but also a lot of fun. I don't think I would ever have done it by myself, but doing it with a friend is really motivating.

I ran this morning up a big hill near my home and the thought crossed my mind, "Do I really want to do this? Am I crazy?" But I just need to condition myself and run at least every other day. There are still 78 days left before the race and a lot can be accomplished in that time. I'm going to do it! Good, now I'm committed and hopefully motivated. Good luck to me.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you are doing this! You'll be so glad you did . . . way to set big goals!

    ReplyDelete