Wednesday 11 May 2011

Taking Off

My 23 month old son "G" is a runner. Every opportunity he gets, he runs as fast as he can away from me. His favourite place to go is the middle of the road. He is so fast, I can't believe it. I have opened the car door, turned to grab him and he is already at the end of the drive way and almost onto the road. He's too big to carry every where and he insists on walking anyway, and refuses to hold my hand, so it difficult to keep him close. I am seriously considering getting one of those toddler leashes. It would strap on to him like a back pack or harness around his shoulders and then have a leash that I can hold on to. The thought of strapping my son to a harness and leash makes me feel a little silly, but it might be the safest way to keep him from running into the street. Just the other day I was picking my daughter up at school, and "G" took off and was in the parking lot before I could catch him. It was frightening. I am aware now of what he wants to do, so I guess I just need to be extra vigilant.

No comments:

Post a Comment