Thursday 12 May 2011

A Little Sleep Deprivation

Last night my son was up and screaming at least half a dozen times. He had a fever and was uncomfortable. I had given him a cool bath, placed a cool cloth on his head, gave him lots of fluids, and then finally gave him some medicine to bring his fever down. But still he was waking up. I tried all the usual things to put him back to sleep: find his soother, find his puppy, fix his blanket, change his diaper. He would go back to sleep and then wait long enough for me to just fall back asleep and maybe start dreaming when he would cry again. Around 4am, he woke again. I helped him get back to sleep, not doing anything really different from the other times, but this time it worked. He finally continued to sleep.

This morning I woke and helped my daughter with morning stuff. My son "G" stayed asleep with all the noise we were making. It was geting later and later in the morning, he was still sleeping and I was starting to get a little worried that he was still sick and that maybe his fever had come back (it broke soon after I gave him some medicine in the night). I was starting to worry that he had an ear infection or something and that I was going to have to bring him to the doctor. But just as I started to worry, he woke up. It was 11am. He rarely sleeps past 8am. I rush in to feel his forehead, and he is nice and cool. Thank goodness! I don't know why he had a fever, hopefully just a little 24 hour bug or something. Now he is happy and running around being his normal self, chipper as ever. At least someone got a good rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment