Monday 30 May 2011

Lovely Blossoms

I had a little fright the other day. I looked out the window and saw white on the tree in my backyard. For one tiny, scary moment I thought it was snow, but thankfully I was wrong, The crab apple tree is in full bloom.


My kids love the flowers, and my five year old girl "E" likes to pick them (along with handfuls of dandelions) for a present for me. She puts them in a little cup with some water and arranges them so pretttily, often with long pieces of grass or other greenery that she can find. She puts them on the table and insits that they stay there all during our meals.


I'll have to get a picture of her flower arrangements and do another post on them.

It's so lovely to have blossoms now and to see the flowers start to bloom and have some colour in my world (besides the white and gray of the long winter). I think spring truly is my favourite season.

No comments:

Post a Comment