Thursday 10 March 2011

Annoying Sounds

Why does my daughter "E" make the most annoying sounds in the world? Her little five year old voice can be so grating and shrill sometimes. Earlier she was making some sound that was a mix of a growl, a screech, a pterodactyl and just plain crazy. I really don’t know what it was, but it was worse than fingernails on a chalkboard, a jackhammer, and a banshee scream all rolled into one.
“'E' can you please stop making that sound?” I said to her.
“What sound? This sound? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!”
“What do you mean ‘what sound?’ Yes that sound. Please stop.”
“But I like this sound. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!”
“STOP!”
“Fine,” she says with an amazing amount of attitude and she rolls her eyes to let me know that stopping that sound is a huge inconvenience for her.
Then my son 'G', seeing what fun 'E' was having yells, “RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE!!” And it starts all over again.

1 comment: