Wednesday 23 March 2011

Sick Kids

I have two sick kids. Not fun at all. My 5 year old daughter "E" started out with a scary fever that made her have some frightening waking dreams (possibly hallucinations? I can't tell) that made me very concerned. I decided to take her in to the doctor even though we are not at home right now. My 22 month old son "G" started coughing the same day as the appointment so I decided to bring him in as well. Turns out, they both have strep throat, and I have two cranky kids. Their crankiness is exacerbated by being away from home and "G" losing his soother somewhere in the house. Normally, not having a soother wouldn't bother "G" too much, he's pretty much weaned from it, but his coughing woke him up in the middle of the night and he realized his soother wasn't in his bed. He cried for an hour. Luckily after a full 24 hours of searching I finally found it and my baby is soothed.

I feel so compassionate for these little kids with their hot foreheads, wracking coughs, headaches, and sore throats that I just want to hold them and kiss them until they are all better. So now I have hardly any sleep, snot, spit, and other sickness on me I will be surprised if sick kids don't make a sick parent.

1 comment: