Sunday 20 March 2011

On Camera Personalites

It's funny how my kids change in fronf of a camera. I just got a new digital HD video camera (the Canon Vixia HF M31... and I love it!). Normally my kids are wild and will show off for me, my husband or guests. But the moment I take out my video camera, one of two things happen, either they start saying, "Cheeeeeeese!" and then grabbing the camera to see themselves, or they get super shy and just stand there.

How can a five year old and a 22 month old develop their own on camera personalities so quickly? I've only had the camera for a week, but they instinctively know that their image will show up on the screen.

I guess I'll just have to sneak the camera out periodically to get them acting naturally. Or maybe if I have it out enough they'll get used to it and forget it is there. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment