Thursday 17 March 2011

Green

Today is St. Patrick's day, so naturally I was thinking about green. My husband is wearing green to work, and I dressed my kids in green, and I'll find something green (sadly I am still in my pajamas - but it is only 9am, that's what happens when you have to get a hubby and two kids ready in the morning).

Seeing all this green reminded me of my younger brother. When he was around 6 or 7 green was his absolute favourite colour. Not just any green, but frog green, or Ninja Turtle green. He was always pretending to be Michelangelo. He had this cotton outfit that was solid green that he loved to wear and do Ninja Turtle moves outside on the grass where he would be superbly camaflouged. I would like to see him do that now. Wouldn't that be hilarious to see a grown, married man (over 6 feet tall) dressed all in green doing the splits and ninja moves on the lawn and shouting "cowabunga!"?

I might even pay to see that.

I wonder why he doesn't wear all green anymore? But you know, it isn't easy being green.

No comments:

Post a Comment