Monday 21 March 2011

Car Trip Drama

I have been travelling for the past two days with the kids in the car. It went fairly well, "G" was sick of his car seat by the end though. I can't really blame him, if I was strapped in a car seat for two days, I would be sick of it too.

It was pretty uneventful until we were about 10 minutes from our destination. "E" started complaining of a sore tummy. She was groaning loudly and it sounded kind of fake and pretty comical that I had to suppress my laughter. All of the sudden she shouted, "MOM! I'M GONNA PUKE!" I pulled over as quickly as I could (luckily we were on a side road and there was no traffic) and got out of the car. It was too late. She has puked all over her lap. It was the stinkiest, grosset puke ever, a nasty green/blue colour - and I'm sure you want to read all about it.

I had to strip her down by the side of the road, leaving her in her panties and jacket while I did my best to clean the mess in the car. I stuffed the dirty clothes in the trunk, strapped a screaming toddler back into his car seat and drove the last 10 minutes.

It was almost the perfect trip - meaning totally uneventful. But something, someone, somewhere, realized I had two children in the car, so I wasn't allowed the perfect trip. That realization came in the last minutes of my journey when I thought I was going to be able to sneak in uneventful. But alas, it was not so.The puking and screaming came anyway. Here you go, here's so drama. You're a mom, you can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment